CHAMBER BLUE OF KANSAS
CHAMBER BLUE OF KANSAS
A partnership between the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
Ottawa Area Chamber of Commerce
About the Program
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS) and the Chamber of Commerce Executives of Kansas (CCEKS) have partnered with its members, chambers of commerce in the state of Kansas, the opportunity to offer their community businesses access to health insurance savings associated with large group medical coverage.
Chamber Blue of Kansas is an association health plan (AHP) that allows for employers to join together to purchase insurance. The larger pool of people enrolled in the plan allows the possibilities for more plan options, and potentially, lower cost.
The plan is open to employers who have two or more employees and are current, dues-paying members of an eligible chamber in the state and the chamber is a member of CCEKS.
Chamber Blue of Kansas offers employers the ability to attract and retain top talent by increasing access and buying power of more than a single business alone. Employers and their most valued asset – their employees – will receive access to:
- A dedicated account management team with one-on-one support
- More choice in plan options
- Stability of rates with a larger pool of participants
- A uniform rate for the group based on average risk rather than rating each member individually
- Dental, life, disability, and ancillary coverage offerings will be available to complete your benefit package
Preparation for 2022 Fall Enrollment
Discover how to make your reservations for Legacy Square today!
The Business Member/Employer
- Employer must be a member in good standing with the Chamber
- Employer must have at least two (2) W2 employees to qualify
- Employer MUST participate in the interest survey (August 2022) to be eligible or enrollment
- Employer to pay at least 25% of the lowest cost option plan offered
- Employer must have 70% of eligible employees enroll in group health plan (employees working 30 hours+ per week less those who have group coverage elsewhere x 70%)
- Limited liability companies could qualify based on tax classification – determination by BCBS KS
- If the group drops out of the plan, they cannot re-enroll for 2 years.